Sunday, April 21, 2013

What a weekend

Wow, what a weekend! This turned out to be a really good one. I wouldn't have wanted my send off weekend to be any different.

Friday was a full day. It started off with a 2 hour work called in the morning, and ended up with all my belongings packed into an 8x8 cube. My dad got here around noon to help me move. Honestly I don't know if I would've been able to do it without his help. Having the right person help you move is so important. With the right help you can knock it out no time at all. After we were done packing my cube, we went by Home Depot to buy additional lock. While we were there we ended up getting my birthday present. It is a very nice circular saw that I'm sure will go to good use in the new place. After I finished packing, friday night was pretty mellow. I ended it up staying home with the roommate and ordering pizza. Honestly after a long week it's exactly what I needed.

Saturday was it all about the party. And what a party it was! Had the keg by 9 AM. Spent the rest of the morning getting ready to host. The beer started flowing around 2 o'clock in the keg was dead by five. After a collection, we made a run down to the liquor store and got restocked. I guess I had a little bit too much fun hanging out in the trunk with all that beer. The party was a huge success, it was great to see all my friends come and Enjoy what Manhattan Beach is all about. It was a pretty good mix of people too, I had some friends from Northrop, friends from high school, and all my El Porto neighbors and my sister and new brother in law. I did end up drinking a little bit too much. But hey, go out with a bang.

Today I woke up with a pretty wicked hangover. But it went away pretty quick when my mom showed up to celebrate my birthday and the move. We got Mexican food, did a little bit of shopping, and got in some good old-fashioned catching up. All and all it ended up being a pretty awesome day which capped off an awesome weekend.

It doesn't quite feel like it yet, but I know a new chapter has started. I'm looking forward to the new adventures that are coming and Im sure it's going to be a fun ride. Now it's about time to head to the airport for my redeye to Miami. Which most likely won't be that fun of a ride







No comments:

Post a Comment