Wednesday, April 10, 2013

More Hours

We've settled into our rhythm for my current project.  In at 8 am, out at around 11pm.  Honestly I am not sure how sustainable this type of schedule.  The reality is it affects the quality of work which you can see across the team.  I have talked to some of the more senior consultants and while they say they normally work hard, this does not seem to be the standard.  I am staffed on this project through the end of May so 6 more weeks at this pace I guess.  This whole process has begun to for my impression about the good and bad.  Most of which I am not going to share here. 

The move

On the DC move front, my move is scheduled.  My Manhattan Beach apartment will be cleared by the 19th and all my stuff should be in DC the following Friday ready for me to move it in.  This whole process has been going so fast that there really hasn't been much time to sit back and appreciate it.  Hopefully once the move is complete and all the move stuff is off of my plate I will have a chance to look back.  Once I do I am sure I will be sad to no longer be in MB but excited for what lies ahead in DC.

Schedule

It has been really nice to be working out of LAX this week.  It really helps to be able to come home after a long day and rummage through the fridge and wake up in your own bed.  Next week I will be off to New Jersey again.  It will be the red eye out on Sunday night and back to LA on Thursday.  Tuesday is my 32nd Bday,  Friday is a packing day, Saturday is my going away party, then back to NJ the following week I am assuming. Also, I need to figure out when I am going to sale my car too.  I am guess this weekend or next.

No comments:

Post a Comment