Friday, March 29, 2013

It has only been a few days since my last post but things have been busy, busy, busy.  First off, it feels good to be back in CA and to know I will be here next week.  That coast to coast flight is long.  5 1/2 hours return flight.  I worked for about 3 hours on the plane then realized I had 2 more hours of sitting there. 

So what's been going on?

Work

Work has finally picked up and I now understand why everyone likes to brag about there hours.  Basically, lots to do and not enough time.  when looking at the work that must be delivered over the next 10 weeks it's a little daunting.  I have know doubt we will make it through though.  They say that 1 consulting year is like 3 years in industry from a learning standpoint which seems to make sense. Every day you learn something new and stretch your self that much more.

House Hunting

As of Thursday I am under contract for 1933 18th St NW.  It is only a 30 day escrow so lots to do.  First up is Condo Docs which I am in the thick off.  Need to sign off on those by Monday evening.  After that is inspection which takes place on Monday.  Also this weekend I need to start getting info to my loan officer for the loan and I need to work with my 401k to figure out how to loan myself fund which will be required because I am putting 10% down.  With all of that going on I think the hardest part will be getting my stuff packed up and moved out to DC.  Move in date is any time after 3PM on April 26th.  Not much time.

Personal Life

Non existent.  Well that's not true.  Heading to a party tonight and I think I will head to the roommate's for Easter.  Also, I will be attending opening day at Dodger Stadium next week. 

I took some pictures over the last week.  I think I'll upload them into a separate post for your viewing pleasure.

No comments:

Post a Comment