Friday, March 8, 2013

The Good News, The Bad News, Or The Other Bad News

So, it's 8 pm and I'm sitting in SFO waiting for my flight.  I guess that's the life of a consultant.  It's been a busy day so where to start.  I guess with the the good news.

The Good...

The visit to the SF office went well.  The office is on the edge of the financial district and from the 18th floor has some great views.  It was good to do some networking with the SF peeps too.  The reality is that if I every want to return to CA as a part of ATK it's going to be as a part of the SF office.  The stronger I can build that network the better.  The day started off slow but it was good to sit through the all hands and hear what's going on. 




The over arching theme of the day was health.  At 3:30 one of the principles tried to make Kale smoothies for the office.  Not surprising they tasted like a grass field smells.   Luckily there were a couple of bottles of Grey Goose in the office freezer so smoothies quick turned into cocktails. 

After some drinking in the office I headed to happy hour with 2 coworkers.  After two minutes in the bar it became clear there was some serious sexual tension going on between the two of them.  Can you say awkward and third wheel three times.

The Bad...

I am now sitting in SFO waiting for my flight but.... it is delayed by 3.5 hours!  Really!  Who delays a flight by 3.5 hours  I could rent a car and drive.  I guess I should have voted for that hi-speed train last year.  My flight now departs at 11:45 PM.  Technically this day trip turned into a 2 day trip.  Time to download a movie and rock the $300 Bose headphones I bought this week.

More Bad...

My flight is schedule for New Jersey on Sunday night but there is no work to be done.  My project has been pushed another week.  It's a little frustrating that it has been pushed twice now.  I am ready to start all ready.  Oh well, another week of Kickball.  If they want to pay me all this money to sit on my ass that is there business.

Here's to the weekend and getting back to LA... eventually.

1 comment:

  1. After a 3 1/2 hour wait I got a $100 vouch. Not worth it.

    ReplyDelete