Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Weekend update

Last weekend was pretty good.  It seemed like I was go, go, go the whole time.  My buddy Jeff made it into town so spent a good amount of time hang out with him and meet some of his friends from when he used to live here.

Here is the quick synopsis of the weekend.  I will try to post some photos tonight.

Friday.  Fogo de Choa for lunch which is a meat eaters dream followed by the Natural History Museum.  End up going out that night to the U street corridor with some people I met the previous week.

Saturday.  Drove at to Dewey beach Delaware and stayed at friends of Jeff.  That place was a little like springs break on a big weekend.  I am not sure if I am getting a little old for that or if it's just the east coast vibe.  I can say the music was generally awful but we still managed to have a good time.

Sunday. Drove back to DC, cleaned up, then hit Old Town Alexandria for lunch at this chili spot.  In the afternoon we played tourist and went to Mt. Vernon to check out GW's house.  It's on a pretty site.  The house and grounds are ok from an entertainment factor.  I did enjoy the museum though.  Probably the best thing about Mt. Vernon.

Monday.  Went for a long run in the AM and found some outdoor work out stations.  I need to join a gym but for now those will do.  in the afternoon met my friend Jeff at his old house and hung out with his former roommates.  Good guys although Arlington is a little bit of a mission from my place. Especially without a car. 

Which reminds me... things for future posts,  Pics of the Weekend, Update on Work,  Discussion about what to do about transportation.

1 comment:

  1. Is Arlington where the Mommyville house was that you considered? Discussing transportation...meaning buying a car. I think you still have a black car out here.

    ReplyDelete