Sunday, June 2, 2013

Sunday Sunday.

It was another busy weekend. This was my first weekend renting a car. I used Priceline and got it for $11 a day. Not to shabby. With taxes it was about $55.  Not bad for 3 days. 

With a car at my disposal i didn't do much sitting at home. Friday I went out on a date. It went pretty well. We met up after work in Arlington, did 2 different happy hours, then went to the water front in Georgetown.  I honestly didn't expect it to last that long but we were have a good time. 

Saturday morning I got up and tried another crossfit gym. Every Saturday it seems like I try a new gym for free. It's not a bad system.  I liked this last one though. I think I will sign up.   In the afternoon went I ran errands with a friend who doesn't have a car, then a rallied in the evening and went to a house warming party for a bunch of people I didn't know. It wasn't much fun honestly. A lot of the people around here are a little  up tight. Luckily we were only there for a bit then we went out with a friends co worker who was in her early twenties. We went out in Glover Park and Adams Morgan. Both firsts for me. 

I'm not sure if its a reflection on me or the people here, but I seem to have more fun hang out with the 25 year olds. Honestly not to worried about it. As long as I'm having a good time who cares. 

Today I went for a hike out at Great Fall VA. Its on the Patomic up stream from DC. It was pretty cool. I also made a run to Home Depot and bought a mini BBQ. I wonder how long it will take for someone to complain to the HOA that I'm grilling on my fire escape. I think I can make it through the summer. 

This up coming week at work should be busy. I'm going to be working a proposal which I believe is billable. As for future projects it looks like I will be on the beach in DC for the foreseeable future. I just need to impress on the proposal. I will update more in the work front mid week. 

Time to fire up the grill!  

No comments:

Post a Comment