Monday, June 17, 2013

Bob Vila

It was another good weekend.  I've been in DC now for almost a month and I am settling in nicely.  I rented a car this weekend again.  It is really nice having a car especially when you get an SUV for $9 a day.  I am thinking that after the summer I might take the plunge but I need to get on my first project while living in DC to see what that's like. 

On Saturday I went to a Beer, Bourbon, and BBQ festival in Maryland.  It was a lot of fun.  I was invited by a friend of a friend and brought one of my coworkers and his wife long for company.  The festival had over 40 beers and 40 bourbons to sample for the cost of admission.  Additionally the group that I meet up with was full of good people.  After the festival we ended up at one of the persons house for a game of wh

Yesterday was a pretty big adventure too.  I ended up starting the partition wall so that the master bedroom has a door.  I made some good progress.  I did have to build the wall twice though.  The first time I build it square and it turns our my house is a little crooked.  If you look at the pictures you can see how skewed everything is.  I got the door square which is all that really matters.

I was also going to do the drywall yesterday but under estimated how heavy that stuff is.  I need some help getting it from Home Depot up into my place before I can finish off the partition.
iffle ball.  It was a good time all around.  Now I just need to make sure I keep in touch with the people I met.





No comments:

Post a Comment