Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Polar Vortex

Polar Vortex

These are words you don't want to hear when you travel for a living. It started out as a blessing seeing as I was in San Diego this weekend and my flight on Monday morning was canceled. I don't think many people will complain about an extra day in 75 degree weather when the alternative is -9 degrees in Dayton Ohio.
It was a bit of a pain sitting on hold with travel trying to get a different flight out though. 

So today's travels have been interesting.  First my new ticket to Dayton had a connection in DC. This is the second time in two months I've flown from the west coast with a connection in DC. It's a bit bitter sweet passing through your home city but not going home.  

The flight out of SD went well. Got upgraded to dirt class. No complaints hear. Unfortunately I am still sitting on a runway in DC. After multiple delays and gate changes they loaded us on the plane.  The only problem is the plane need gas and the gas truck is no where to be found. It's been 45 minutes and counting. 

The bright side, I will get in so late no need to go to the client site. I may even have time to check into the hotel and hit the gym. Fingers crossed. That is if the don't fall off from frost bite first. MINUS NINE DEGREES!

San Diego 

Not San Diego. 

No comments:

Post a Comment