Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Assateague


I know, I know.  It's been a long time since I posted.  If I keep this up people are going to stop checking in.

So a week and a half ago we went camping at Assateague Island.  It's a barrier island just north of Ocean City Maryland.  The island is famous for having wild horses roaming the shores.  So the horses were pretty need but camping in the sand in not so great.  Sleeping in a bed of sand when it doesn't get below 70 degrees at night is not all that great.


It was a little bitter sweet being at the beach.  It was sad that it was the first time I've had my feet in sand all summer.  It made me miss the southbay for sure.  Also just going out to the beach without much of a base time = big time sun burn.  I've been peeling all week.  It's nice that I have my base now but who know when I'll be back in the sun again.


The highlights of the weekend.  I had a bunch of horses surrounded me while hanging out on the beach.  One of them decided he wanted to be my friend and hung out with his head in my lap.

The low light.  I horse broke into our tent and ate our Twizlers while we were at the beach.

 

Here are some pictures.




No comments:

Post a Comment